Berker Bros Ltd operates fair trading principles across its entire range of transactions and these include positive relationships with employees, customers and suppliers alike. Environmental considerations also play an important role in our makeup.
Amongst the many principles and practices we have adopted, what follows are those we consider the most important.
- Bullion Purchases: We only buy from sources who endorse a fair mining policy and our rings are only made from bullion supplied by them. We do not buy from regions where miners are exploited. We do not buy in scrap gold to refine as we only use our own. From January 2013, we have audited our Supply Chain and now only buy from sources that adhere to the provisions of the Dodd Frank Act, Section 1502. Full details of this Responsible Sourcing Protocol are available upon request.
- Diamond Purchases: Our suppliers warrant that our diamonds are only sourced from non-conflict regions of the globe and we will not do business with those who deal in conflict gems.
- Health and Safety: We operate a rigorous due diligence policy in care for our employees, regarding all potential hazards within the workplace to ensure their safety is not compromised.
- Protecting Our Environment: A recycling programme is in operation within our premises. Minimising the effect of our business on the environment is something we take seriously and will continue to improve on.
- Jewellery Directives: We agree to adhere to best policy directives endorsed by the British Jewellers Association and the Responsible Jewellery Council.
- Commitment and Promise: We try (wherever humanly possible) at all times to fulfill our part of the bargain regarding delivery dates. Keeping our word and honour of a promise is our obligation and duty